Airtel Xstream achieves the 2 Million paid subscriber milestone and is now India’s fastest growing OTT aggregator app
Bharti Airtel, India’s leading communications solutions provider, announced today that its video streaming service Airtel Xstream has surpassed the 2 million paying subscriber mark and is now the fastest growing OTT aggregator platform in the country.
Airtel Xstream provides users with the biggest selection of OTT platforms in India, including mobile and large-screen formats. With a minimum recharge of Rs 148, mobile consumers may choose one OTT provider from the bouquet. The large-screen format, previously known as Xstream Premium, is also available for Rs 149 and provides access to over 10,500 movie titles and shows, as well as LIVE TV, from Airtel’s OTT content partners, including Sony LIV, Eros Now, Lionsgate Play, Hoichoi, ManoramaMax, Shemaroo, Ultra, HungamaPlay, EPICon, Docubay, DivoTV, and others.
“Airtel Xstream is an idea whose time has come. It is a unique product that brings together the best content across India and the world under a single subscription in one app, at the most competitive price possible. Our accelerated growth is due to our ability to meet the needs of the Indian consumer for great regional content. We will be doubling down on our regional strategy with our existing partners and will continue to onboard new partners with stellar regional content catalogues,”Commenting on the milestone, Adarsh Nair, CEO – Airtel Digital, said.
- The users In India, there are 2 million members. Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh have shown significant consumer interest via recurrent recharges/subscriptions.
- Customer loyalty The average watching duration on Airtel Xstream is around 150 minutes, and it is steadily growing.
- Difficult to pick between series and movies — series like Gullak and Undekhi, which drew a lot of attention in the North, accounted for 51 percent of time spent on the platform, while movies came in second with 49 percent, lead by regional blockbusters like James.
- Good content has a global audience — Airtel Xstream use data confirm the current increase in viewer interest in regional cinema. James (Kannada), Maandu (Tamil), and Adavallu Meeku Joharlu (Telugu) have all been in the top 5 for the last month on the app. The demand for these films can be evident all around India.
- The most popular content partners on the platform are SonyLiv, Hungama, Eros Now, and Lions Gate Play. Sony has a number of items in the top ten trending content lists.
Airtel is aiming for 20 million paid subscribers for Airtel Xstream and plans to add content partners such as Punjab’s Chaupal TV and Odisha’s Kanccha Lannka to its list of OTT content providers. The addition of Chaupal TV and Kanchha Lanka would broaden the platforms’ appeal to people in Punjab and Odisha, as well as the country’s diaspora. Social Swag, an influencer commerce network sponsored by superstars like Akshay Kumar, Rana Daggubati, and Mahesh Bhupathi, has recently joined Airtel.
Contact us with your feedback and suggestions.